View Single Post
Old 05-18-2015, 07:56 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Questionmark:

I'm relatively new to this myself. But I've been doing a ton of reading, and from everything I've found so far SFN is a very unpredictable disease. Sometimes it comes on quickly then stabilizes, sometimes it is progressive, and sometimes it can be reversed. Most people seem to find something that helps, but quite honestly it seems that the chances of fully reversing it aren't that great.

As you may have already figured out, the key to treating SFN is finding out what is causing it. But there are so many causes, and so many tests that need to be run - most doctors will rule out the major ones with a few basic tests, then just label it "ideopathic". You have to keep pushing for additional follow ups and testing, but appointments usually take so long to get...

I have had to limit some of the activities I really enjoy doing because of pain in my feet. I can still do just about anything I used to, but many things just aren't fun anymore because it hurts too much to do them.

But, we are all human, and humans are good at adapting. We find diets, supplements, and medications that improve our symptoms. We find new ways to do things that don't hurt as much. We find new things to do for enjoyment that don't require the same physical demands, etc. The main thing is that you don't allow yourself to give up.
Ragtop262 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
EnglishDave (05-18-2015), questionmark (05-18-2015), zkrp01 (05-18-2015)