View Single Post
Old 05-18-2015, 09:21 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default orthostatic tremor

Good morning everyone -- My mom is experiencing an upsetting new symptom called orthostatic tremor. I told her I would post here to see if anyone could shed any light on this. Many thanks in advance. Elizabeth

"I think I have developed a condition called Orthostatic Tremor. Recently I have been experiencing intense leg tremors especially in the front of my thighs, when I stand for more than a few minutes. Occasionally it happens when I first stand up. It is becoming more frequent and limits my ability to stand in the shower, stand at the stove or to go into a store. I find myself on the lookout for places where I can sit if the tremor becomes worse. It seems to affect my gait and my feeling of balance. Occasionally if my medicine is fully ON, which happens less and less, I am able to stand for about 15 minutes without the orthostatic tremor starting.

Has anyone else experienced this? If so, how has it been treated? I read that there are medications for it, but my reactions to pharmaceutical drugs is very atypical and I usually experience side effects Anyone trying any natural treatments? All suggestions are much appreciated."