10 yr Member

'gist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsene View Post
Harry,
Thanks for your posts on Mirtazapine.
I have constant tremor left side and would like to ask if the Mirtazapine is
still working for you; what side effects it causes; how long you have had PD
and if you suffer daytime drowsiness from any of your meds.
Best Wishes,
Arsene
Yes, the mirtazapine and/or the combination of drugs is still working for me and it has not caused any side effect yet that I could attribute to the drug. I do get sleepy around 3 pm but a short cat nap cures that.

I was diagnosed in 2005 although I suspected back in 1996/97,that I had PD because a tremor had developed in my right hand.

Too much LevoCarb put me into the spasms that just about brought about my end but an eceptional nurse in the hospital working in conjunction with my Md
& N'gist found that body temp was critical with me & spasms/tremors. The hotter I was, the more prevelant were the tremors and I would get agitated/frustrated. To off set those feelings, they gave me a mild sedative which eventually led to the trial with Mirtazapine along with a routine that would keep my body cool.

Based on my experience, I would advise the PWP to work closely with their medical team and follow their advice but do not have any unrealistic expectations from changes in meds or treatment. We're in this for the long haul so if you find something that works for you or makes your life a bit easier, stick with it and count your blessings.

Good luck to us all.
HarryM.