View Single Post
Old 05-18-2015, 03:33 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hi there,

My small fiber neuropathy is not related to diabetes, so I have been advised by my professor in London...but...I had diabetes in both pregnancies so have a bit of knowledge re this

I am quite small and thin and do not have any weight issues but when I had my first son it was picked up on a scan that I had too much fluid, I was then given a glucose tolerance test which showed slightly raised glucose, I think it was 8.1 after 2 hours. Should be under 7.8. I ended up having a C-section as it was quite risky with all the fluid.

With my second son they monitored me very closely , I had to test before and after meals, my bloods were running high after meals, but strangely I had an normal glucose tolerance test. The consultants said even though I had a normal test it doesn't mean I don't have it! so this proves that the test isn't that accurate to pick up pre-diabetes, the only way to know for sure is if you test after meals with a kit, to see how your body reacts to different foods. Just by having slightly raised blood sugars caused big problems for me in my first pregnancy, so I am guessing that if left unmanaged could cause other problems too i.e. small fiber neuropathy.!
LouLou1978 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (08-23-2015), janieg (05-20-2015)