View Single Post
Old 05-18-2015, 11:35 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonore View Post
I'm having a tough time making Rytary work for me, but so want it to! With 16 years of PD under my belt, and Stalevo 75 or 50 (plus Azilect and Tasmar) every two hours, I was hoping Rytary would give me longer On's and gradually replace Stalevo. Well, not so fast!
I was doing pretty well without Rytary until late afternoon, with pretty good on's, assisted by 3 miles daily on exercise bike, plus high-intensity bursts making my On's even better. But.... my unpredictable, fluctuating Offs were bad in the evenings, even after a nap, (which help sometimes.)
So I decided to try the highly touted Rytary,under my neuro's supervision, beginning with a week of replacing 2 pm Stalevo with Rytary, next week replacing a 4 pm Stalevo with Rytary, etc.
Well, the first week, and still now by the fourth week, Rytary takes a good 4 hours to kick in, and thus I get a terrible Off until my next planned dose of Stalevo 2 hours later. Adding a second dose at 4 pm meant I was Off for 2 doses, so I went back to one per day, and played with the timing, switching my dose to 6 pm or 8 pm. It does seem to last about 3 & 1/2 hours when it finally works, and I think that the next day, my On's are better.
But I can't bear the 2 Off hours until it kicks in, and then I get bad dyskinesias when it does. I tried taking it at 4 am, but ended up with awful dyskinesias which kept me awake, and dyskinetic throughout the next day.
Anyone???
It kicks in slowly over 30 mins and I stay on anywhere from 3 to 4.5 hrs throughout the day. In the evening I take a 200 c/r to help through the night. My problem is some bad dyskinesias mainly in the evening.It includes a dry mouth and swollen tongue.It feels that way anyway. Got to be a tweek to get rid of that. Currently 3 195 tid.
ScottSuff is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
leonore (05-19-2015)