View Single Post
Old 05-19-2015, 08:51 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunaboy View Post
Out of all my tests, that is the only one that came back abnormal. The upper range was 4.9 and mine came in at 5. Could this indicate my PN is inflammatory and not autoimmune?
Hi Tunaboy,

I get numerous autoimmune manifestations, a diagnosed arthritic autoimmune prob, mild psoriasis, uveitis ( both autoimmune), now the most lovely addition of diagnosed SFN. All are highly active and debilitating sometimes at the moment and my crp and ESR keep coming back normal. I think it was already mentioned that bloods don't always have inflammation. I have all this active autoimmunity and bloods show nothing at all. Naproxen does however alleviate the rheumatic pain greatly. That's an anti inflammatory drug. You see how confusing it can be?
I went for a one off corticosteroid shot in the backside after asking for it. It didnt help the neuropathy pain. That doesnt mean the neuropathy is not autoimmune. I understand certain neuropathies will respond if there's inflammation there. If I were you, I would ask for s corticosteroid shot I really would. As others have said it may help you rule things in or out. I hhad no bad effects at all. No mood swings, hunchback or moonface! :-) I think you should really considerate it.
JoannaP79 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mrsD (05-19-2015), Tunaboy (05-19-2015)