View Single Post
Old 05-19-2015, 06:33 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Am I allowed to be mad over this event?

Alright gonna keep this story short and sweet.

I attended a class in Jan. Cost over 1000. Was given a grant by the government for 2000 Woohoo! I sent in the forms. Messed them up. I continued to mess up the forms or send things incorrectly or they got lost in the mail 6 times. I finally sent them in correctly! But alas its too late and I can't claim the grant. So now i'm stuck paying the bill which I was not prepared for since I was planning on using the grant.

I mentioned to many people that I was struggling and couldn't get it correct. I even mentioned that I had to do it soon or else I wouldn't get the money. I had one person offer my help but the help was only available after the deadline so not much use. I am very angry no one has been helping me do little things like this. It has been an endless frustration. I had family mocking people who can't do the clock test (draw a clock with hands at 10 to 11). I have failed that test multiple times. Even messing up one clock after another. I am seriously considering cutting off all ties with everyone around me.

It has been 30 months of the same ****. I even got all these one page pieces of information from my brain injury worker. Each page is dedicated to a different symptom. Page for Anger, page for being impulsive and how the care giver can help and understand how I feel. Not a single page has been read. Why should I bother putting effort into family or friendships if none can be bothered to help me out when, at least in my opinion, I need it most. I feel like the problem stems from everyone thinking I am far more capable than I really am. I am largely seen as normal even though the life I lead is not the one I would choose
RJam is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mokey (05-20-2015)