View Single Post
Old 05-19-2015, 07:53 PM
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Default Severe pain in shoulder blade and left arm with recent MRI results

I am new to all of this so I am hoping to get some insight from others ..I have recently fallen and have pain progression from neck to left shoulder blade and is starting down the back of my arm and forearm to my hand. I have fibromyalgia so I do not know if this pain could be a result of all the muscle pain associated with falling or not. It doesn't necessarily feel muscular. The pain is non relenting and I am having a very hard time coping since I can find no relief. I see a pain center that deals with long term Medications and I have a spinal cord stimulator for lower back issues. I have seen a orthopedic surgeon specializing in spine who performed two of my lower back surgeries but did not receive much info if any. He verbalized that if my pain was on the right he would suggest surgery but since it was on the left he wanted to wait a month
As my MRI was not consistent with my symptoms of left sided pain. I can't barely think of making it a week longer with no relief.
My MRI showed
C4/c5..broad based disc osteophyte complex. Canal narrowed with anterior surface of cord deformed. Facet joint arthropathy. Moderate narrowing of the right neural formina.
C5/c6..broad based disc osteophyte complex. Facet joint arthropathy and ligamentum flavum hypertrophy Anterior and posterior surface of the cord is minimally deformed. Canal is mildly Narrowed. Mild narrowing of the left. Moderate narrowing of the right neural formina.
C /6-7 broad based disc osteophyte. Facet joint arthropathy. Canal is mildly narrowed. Mild narrowing of the right neural formina and moderate narrowing of the left . Any suggestions on what this means or could be causing my pain please advise.
Julie b is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote