View Single Post
Old 06-18-2007, 04:05 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default No appt. yet.

I've not gotten an appt. in B'ham yet. Currently, my local neuro basically won't see me anymore until I have heart and pulmonary problems ruled out. I have been scheduled for a heart catherization on Friday the 22nd. My cardiologist doesn't think they will find anything, but that is the only way she can rule out heart problems for sure. I am not looking forward to this at all. Has anyone here ever had one?

Also, another delay in scheduling a trip to B'ham is that we are in the process of moving. Luckily I have had 4 good days this week, but I feel a bad spell on the horizon. I can feel it coming on. Do any of you feel symptoms coming on before you actually have an "episode"? What I call an "episode" is when my chest gets tight, I loose my voice, I get muscle aches and weakness and am very fatigued. Also, my head fills full and sort of foggy.

My GP said that since the bloodwork that my neuro sent out to Mayo all came back normal, it is very unlikely that I have MG as the tests now days are very sensitive, but from reading on these posts, I'm not sure that is true. He also said he had only seen 2 true MG cases in his 15 years of practice.

Anyway, will wait until after heart catheter before I try to move forward. Hope I don't have to see pulmonologist as a couple of years ago he made me feel as though I was not worth his time since I didn't need oxygen to live.

I'll keep you posted on what I hear. Thanks for asking. I've been reading all the posts, but didn't have anything to report so didn't post myself.

Jackie
jackieinbama is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote