View Single Post
Old 05-20-2015, 05:45 AM
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Unhappy Hello, I am new and intorducing myself

Hello, I am Missey and I am a 43 yrs old. I have suffered with TN for 10+ years. I was a victim of a home invasion and had my mandible shattered, I had plates put in face and then removed due to infection. I am not sure if the trauma or surgeries that I have had has caused my TN, at this point that does not matter, what matters is that I now have TN. I was first diagnosed through Mass General with Osteomyelitits and no one believed me. I have had at least 20 Ct scans, MRI's over the past years. I was put on Tegretol for Bipolar, which in hind site was a God send, cause that controlled my pain for many years. I started at 100mgs once a day, as of now I am on 400mg in morning and 500mg at night. I am having side effects from meds and no relief anymore, my Level is 11.5. I started treatment in Boston at Mass General and now I live in PA and can not find a DR that seems to know how to help me. I am at wits end with what seems to be constant pain and no relief in site. I have had nerve blocks which to me was the worst possible thing to go through in the world. Needless to say no relief. So now I find myself researching and learning all I can about TN, since I must be my best advocate. So that is my story and I am sticking to it..
MisseyP is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Burntmarshmallow (05-20-2015), EnglishDave (05-20-2015), Enna70 (05-20-2015)