View Single Post
Old 06-18-2007, 06:15 AM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default Theories

vlhperry,
Sorry, I was joking about your "Substantia Niagra", that is why i put LOL in. It just struck me as very funny when we were talking about releasing the floodgates, etc. If you were offended I do agologise.
However, I don't think that a gene based theory necessarily kills all other theories, particularly when less than 5% of PD cases are attributed to genes. I don't want to have an argument, it wastes all our time. I also feel my information is documented also, I have given the refs in earlier posts. Gene theories are well documented too, but can you answer why PD is more prevalent in old age?, why does stress have an immediate catastrophic effect? My point is that we do not have a cure having spent billions, so some of the well documented "facts" must be wrong. We need more innovative research, which questions established dogma.
There is no sense in me contacting your researcher,as you suggest, he would confirm his "facts" like all researchers would.
I don't want to enter an argument on which countries do the most for PD., and whether poor Americans are used as guinea pigs for rich Europeans, it has nothing to do with a BBB theory, and will end up in the thread being banned. Let's stick to pleasant discussions which have a possibility to advance the arrival of the cure. If the BBB concept is wrong, lets prove it, as I said, "Kill or confirm it"
Hope we can avoid conflict and sorry again for quoting your "Substantia Niagra" hope you can see the funny side.
Very best wishes
Ron.
PS Taking about genes, there is a saying,
"The future of mankind is in his genes"
See the joke??