Thread: Recurrent UTI
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2015, 05:07 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi,
I have had UTI's for decades...., even had operation to widen my urethra( didn't work).

What has worked are these few things...

1. Stay away from sugar and simple carbs. When I stay on only veggie and lean fish, poultry diet, and drink only water or herbal teas...no more UTI's....sugar makes bacteria grow so need to stay away from it. if you drink cranberry juice for UTI, it must be sugar free. Try to abstain from from wine/alcohol and see if that helps.

2. Take the supplement D-Mannose...I only discovered it a couple yrs ago and it has worked very well.
You can get it at any health food store or order online at Vitacost or Iherb.com, etc.

http://products.mercola.com/d-mannose/

3. Don't drink any carbonated or sparkling beverages, they irritate the bladder.

4. Drink TONS of water....I drink 8-10 large glasses per day.

Did the doc discuss treating your boyfriend with antibiotics? Also, he has to have good hygiene, especially if he is not circumcised. He may be carrying the bacteria that caused your infection, which is often e.coli, but can be a number of things, and passing it right back to you.

Best of luck, I know it is SO uncomfortable and you don't want to end up living on antibiotics.
Diandra

Last edited by Diandra; 05-20-2015 at 05:56 PM.
Diandra is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote