Thread: Got To Do It
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2015, 05:45 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishDave View Post
Thank you all for your support.

Enna70, I have 1"x1/2" rounds of Greek Baklava I am allowing myself one of each week as a reward.

Bluesfan, compressed spinal cord and spinal injuries top and bottom, with arthritis and the neuro and heart problems, means no exercise. If my heartrate elevates too much I become Brady Hypotensive. The mental Tai Chi sounds interesting, I will look into that.

Kiwi, when boredom in front of the tv strikes, the Will can be weak. It's a 'doing something with your hands' thing since I gave up smoking.

I will keep my progress logged here fortnightly.

Dave.
Best of luck Dave....you are smart to allow yourself just a bite of the baklava or other goodie. I have learned, when I try to be TOO extreme with diet, I feel deprived and end up going off the deep end and eating all the stuff I shouldn't.

One thing I have learned to make that is low cal and high protein is chia seed pudding. You just mix a few tablespoons of chia seeds with about 2-3 cups of vanilla almond milk, stir and put in fridge. The chia seeds plump up like tapioca. There are tons of recipes on the internet. It is very nutritious and filling and satisfies the desire for creamy desserts. If you drizzle just a bit of real maple syrup on the top, it is especially delicious. Chia seeds can be found online or I am now finding them in most markets. Shop for price as they can be expensive but, they go a long way. This has become a staple for when I crave a dessert while TV viewing, also my worst time for mindless snacking!

My best, D.
Diandra is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (05-20-2015), bluesfan (05-20-2015), DejaVu (07-30-2015), vintagewine (09-13-2015), Wiix (08-23-2015)