View Single Post
Old 05-20-2015, 06:06 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zkrp01 View Post
I have been trying to get better at all things diabetic and I started this coaching program where nurses call and make appointments for phone schooling. My last conversation included instructions to test 2 hrs after meals and anything 180 or lower was cool. In my old process I tested fasting in the morning and 80-120 was good. I sure hated giving up those tortillas at McDonalds, but even more things are going to have to change. I'm not trying to open up a can of worms, I will peruse the link and check it out. Good Luck, Ken in Texas. P.S. Diabetes-horseshoes-handgrenades, as long as we are close.
That 180 number is consistent with what I've seen for diagnosed diabetics. I assume you are one? I think it's the ADA guideline. Other organizations like the American Association for Clinical Endocrinologists say the 2 hour number should be below 140 for good diabetes management.

The numbers in those links I posted are for determining if you have a glucose problem at all.

I'm sure there's a good deal of genetics involved with the susceptibility to neuropathy from all the various insults. Given no other theories, I'm going to consider myself to be a poor schmuck with bad sodium channel genes who has been done in by even mildly elevated blood sugar. If that's the case, I feel it's in my best interest to be an "overachiever" with regard to glucose management.

Last edited by janieg; 05-20-2015 at 07:42 PM.
janieg is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bluesfan (05-21-2015), DejaVu (08-23-2015), zkrp01 (05-22-2015)