View Single Post
Old 05-20-2015, 10:04 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I've had a constant headache for over 3 years now with no break. My accident was Feb 2012 and I've tried so many things, but nothing even touches the pain. (Various drugs, acupuncture, chiropractic, physiotherapy...)

I got prism glasses in January and everyone was hopeful they would help. So far, no improvement. Next steps are vision therapy, which everyone agrees will make my head pain worse, at least in the beginning.

Neurologist wants to try Botox, but it makes me very nervous, so I haven't agreed yet.

I was on topamax for over 2 years but came off it a few months ago. My headaches don't seem worse since I came off, they are just their same old horrible selves. I do wake up more often at night with horrible head pain since coming off the topamax, so it was probably doing *something*.

My head pain is constant though... on a scale of 1-10, 10 being the worst, mine never gets better than a 5 and often sits closer to 8 or 9. Sometimes they are so bad all I can do is cry, which makes them worse. Sometimes the pain is enough to make me nauseous and vomit, but usually only if I over do it.

My blood pressure is low, too, the drs and nurses always comment on it every time I have it done. They often do it 2-3 times because they think its a bad reading.

I've tried icing my neck, constantly and regularly, I don't get any relief from that. I've also tried periods of using heat, no relief either, but it doesn't make it worse and feels nice. (We live in a cold, drafty, old house so the heat feels really nice in the winter!)

So at this point, I'm just kind of resigned to living with it. Its super frustrating and draining and I just try really hard to not over do it and make it worse.

Best of luck to you.
Starr
"Starr" is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Laupala (05-22-2015), MicroMan (07-27-2015)