Thread: Got To Do It
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2015, 12:09 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hi Dave and others
Thanks for the recipe suggestions - I'd forgotten about spinach & feta parcels - used to make them occasionally - unfortunately filo pastry is very expensive here - but I could do an omelet/fritatta version just using eggs. I usually add spinach to pretty much any pasta dish I cook. The chia dessert sounds yummy - will give it a try - like the almond milk idea - would give a lovely flavor.

Sounds like you're really getting to grips with your diet planning Dave - did you find cutting down quickly to a low calorie count difficult or have the hunger pangs eased? Re the 'doing something with your hands since giving up smoking' - a friend also had the same problem and he solved it by snacking on sunflower seeds - un-husked ones - it takes time to get the seed out (distraction) and the seeds are not that fattening. And dare I say it the TV or radio might give you some amusement over the next few days - yep cricket again! It's probably only going to be live on Sky here (and in the middle of the night) so highlights viewing only for me.

As for how I'm doing - fell off the wagon yesterday - long day: 4 hrs driving to and from hospital for first neuro appt. (another 2 hrs) - was exhausted and gave in to a craving for fish & chips takeaways on the way home. I don't feel too bad as it's the first takeaway in months. Did better today - had a meeting in another city with lunch and had salmon & spinach pie with salad. Dinner tonight is homemade Chinese hot & sour soup - one of my favorites and pretty healthy - when I get some energy back I'll post the recipe if anyone's interested.
bluesfan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (07-23-2015), EnglishDave (05-21-2015)