Thread: Recurrent UTI
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2015, 02:34 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Are your UTIs laboratory confirmed?

Are your UTIs laboratory confirmed?

I'm only asking because I didn't see UA or culture results mentioned.

Interstitial cystitis is a common cause of bladder infection symptoms. Allergies and autoimmune disorders are sometimes implicated. It is worthwhile to look up.

I had similar symptoms chronic UTI and interstitial cystitis symptoms a few years back.

It ended up being endometriosis on my bladder but the symptoms of chronic UTI and/or interstitial cystitis where there.

Something worth trying even though it sounds odd and I cannot even remember the link where I read it (but it actually helped reduce my bladder spasms) is to:

When urinating, mindfully increase the stream. Bear down. GO. I've actually felt a bit of a urethral sting when trying to increase the force behind it. Something about the tenseness? of the muscles during the act of urinating seems to decrease the spasms that follow the emptying/relaxation of the bladder?

My hysterectomy may have fixed my endometriosis but it has left me with vaginal dryness that also can share symptoms of bladder infections. I'm wondering if it is never-ending!
MissusH is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Enna70 (05-21-2015)