View Single Post
Old 05-21-2015, 11:14 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert10 View Post
Hey everyone,

My name is Albert I'm 22 and this would be my first time writing on NT. Last March I was training for my boxing match and suffered two concussions a week apart from one another. Not knowing about the symptoms I went to the doctor and was told they were indeed concussions and was told to stop fighting and rest for a few months. Fortunately, the symptoms healed within two weeks. 4 months later I returned to the gym and trained for a full week(no sparring) just working out. The following Monday I was hit with PCS. The symptoms were strong pulsing headaches early on but more around the throat and behind the neck area. Today, 6 1/2 months later I feel I'm almost fully healed, only when I jog, or lift anything heavy I feel the symptoms returning. I feel like it's just fogginess, but I still feel that little pulse when lying down around the neck. Throughout these months I did research and learned it could be a neck injury c1, c2, as both hits were on the right side of my head. I went to the Chiropractor for a month early on and didn't see much success. I also went to an acupuncture and nothing either. I take Vitamin B-12, Magnesium Malate, Fish Oil, and Coconut Oil and do feel a little better but nothing significant. When I do neck stretches I do find some relieve. I'm starting to think this may be more of a neck injury. I've been researching about Prolotherapy and it sounds like this could be a solution but I'm not sure. I'm in my final semester of college and prior to this I was a volunteer fireman. I want to return as soon as the semesters over but not in these conditions. What do you guys think? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Albert, did you end up trying the prolotherapy?
barnburner is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote