Thread: Prolotherapy
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2015, 02:19 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Thanks for the response.

At the moment I am trying to decide on my next course of action. I hit the back of my head a year and 7 months ago in a snowboarding fall and I have had a constant headache/brain fog ever since. This is really my only symptom. I have tried physical therapy, change of diet, and i have visited a chiropractor, and nothing has even shown a slight sign of improvement.

A couple months ago a neurologist who specializes in concussions gave me a prescription for Cymbalta (30mg) but I am very hesitant to start taking them because I have heard bad things about antidepressants. I also just recently heard about Dr Greenberg in NJ who specializes in prolotherapy for PCS treatment.

You seem to know alot about PCS and the various treatments. Which of these two options would you say I should try first. I am really not thrilled with either option but I don't know what else to try. I have been looking for some success stories involving either prolotherapy or cymbalta but I haven't found much. In most cases it seems like these treatments provide a little bit of relief but they do not completely eliminate symptoms.

Any advice or stories would be greatly appreciated!
barnburner is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote