Thread: Got To Do It
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2015, 05:01 PM
Magnate

8 yr Member
Magnate

8 yr Member
Cool Smirk

Well, I had a great phone talk with my Doctor today, who was VERY supportive about my diet, and agrees that 950-1250kCals is an ideal target to achieve my goals.

I also have a panel of blood tests booked in 3 weeks to check early for deficiencies, and to see if I can tolerate any increase in Calcium - which all the multivitamins seem to contain.

Last night I took the drastic step of measuring my stomach at it's largest circumference. This is my problem area, as I have said, and I am unhappy. No figures - too depressing to count down from so high - I will (hopefully) Post running totals of losses going up.

Angie,

You need a good, balanced diet - possibly with supplements - to deal with PCS. As for smoking, I quit just before my Cancer/Diabetes dx and - even with all that and the weight - still feel better for it.

Bluesfan,

The hunger is still there because the Metoclopramide empties my stomach, more than anything else. For my evening meal, the addition of a few extra steamed vegetables or plain microwaved mushrooms - being low calorie - eases the problem while I get used to the quantities.

I used to eat more sunflower seeds than a parrot in my youth, but now my arthritis leaves me with no dexterity. I will just have to fidget. The Cricket is no distraction, it's only live on Sky Sports here and I don't subscribe. I do watch the highlights, but when it's a foregone conclusion… lol.

Don't beat yourself up over one take-away. You will soon regain that loss. The salmon and spinach pie sounds good, and we are always up for a nice Chinese recipe of any kind.

Dave.
To the shapes we now possess.

The Sage - Emerson, Lake & Palmer.
EnglishDave is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (05-22-2015), bluesfan (05-21-2015), DejaVu (07-30-2015), kiwi33 (05-22-2015), vintagewine (09-13-2015)