Thread: what is this!
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2007, 08:49 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

thank you all for being so kind. i want to answer some questions. first, to debbie, i have had swallowing problems as far back as a kid - i can remember telling my mom my food kept getting stuck and it wouldn't go down my throat. when i went to the dr., he said that i was eating too fast. now, i do admit that i finish my meal before most people get done cutting their meat. i do try to slow down, but it keeps happening. i've been to the ER several times and they say that i am having a panic attack. the last time it was so serious (last fall) i went to the ER and the doc had me do a barium swallow, but it showed no obstruction. they wanted me to do a "cookie" swallow but i just didn't go in because i didn't want to know what was wrong. i was bulemic for many years and the doctor said that was my problem. something about esophageal (sp?) erosion.

i have never been able to drink regular pop because as soon as i swallow it, it comes right back out as thick foam and slime. recently, when i drank a diet coke i had the same reaction. the foam choked me. would that be acid reflux?

i still have that feeling that everything gets caught in my throat. i can feel it when it finally goes down and it takes more than 20 seconds sometimes before it finally goes away.

ok. the next thing i want to say is for sydney. when i went to my pain doc last friday he told me the same thing you were told. "don't ever get anything done on your right side because that will instantly trigger your RSD." like i knew that????? nobody told me. very frustrating.

anyway, i feel better today. i got a good nights rest.

thank you all again.

angie

- e. e. cummings