View Single Post
Old 05-22-2015, 04:01 PM
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Newly Joined

8 yr Member

Thank you for your response! Do you think multiple Sclerosis would be a contender if I never had it pre pregnancy? My obs office was able to get me into a neurologist yesterday. He had me do an emergency MRI of both brain and spine. I had 8 different blood tests done this morning as well. My spine is good but we are still waiting to hear back on the brain scans and blood tests.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
Hello Kellaujoh and welcome to NeuroTalk.

Congratulations on the birth of your daughter!

It is very difficult and impossible for anyone to know what is causing your symptoms. Proper testing is needed. Many things can be ruled in/out with blood work. If you have a MRI ask for both the brain and cervical spine.

Whenever I read about a woman having neurological symptoms after giving birth my thoughts go to Multiple Sclerosis (MS). It's not uncommon for a woman to experience their first symptoms and/or relapse with this disease after giving birth. Relapses of Multiple Sclerosis is very common within the first 6 months postpartum.

The symptoms you are experiencing, if you have MS, is common

I have had numbness, tingling, vibrations/buzzing from the waist down and yes, that included the girlie parts. This can also cause you to not feel when or if you are urinating.

I know that seems like a long time away considering what you are experiencing but hang in there it's not that far off

Anxiety and stress can cause headaches and some neurological symptoms. Please try and remain calm. I know, easier said than done
Kellaujoh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kitt (05-22-2015), mrsD (05-22-2015), Snoopy (05-22-2015)