View Single Post
Old 05-24-2015, 01:33 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

I have started physical therapy three weeks ago and have three weeks left. I'm getting some body strength and mobility of my neck back with PT. I have also been going on almost daily long walks or walking up and down the stairs in my house for exercise. The incision area is still regaining feeling but is a little better. The tingling sensation I have throughout my body/hands seems to be getting better. The tingling seems to linger in my hands a lot of times, even now as I type. The tingling sensation throughout my body is much more intense but only happens for about a second at a time. I noticed it happens often when I look down, especially while walking. I asked one of my surgeons about this and he said it is a result of my spinal cord injury and may or may not go away : ( I had some hand tingling about a week before the surgery but not the body tingling (my arms also started to fall asleep while sleeping about a week before the surgery, but have not again after). But my surgeons were electronically monitoring my spinal cord during surgery and there showed to be no issues from the surgery. My right palm side up forearm also seems to have a slightly different sensation in an area than it did before I was injured. On the plus side I do not appear to have any muscle weakness from the injury (although my muscles have atrophied from inactivity). Does anyone know if this tingling is bad? My physical therapist told me it was okay as long as there is no muscle weakness.

Also, my surgeons have told me once fused I will be able to regain all activities with no precautions, I am getting teary eyed as I type this : )
Lucky13 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote