View Single Post
Old 05-24-2015, 03:31 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Planting at Bean Acres coming along...now have all the corn, pumpkins, acorn squash, butternut, spaghetti squash, yellow squash and zuchini , cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, turkey craw beans, irish potatoes in the ground. One type of tomato is now planted. Favas are doing very well and I am ready to transplant egg plants and peppers into larger pots to grow roots for a couple of weeks before planting. The sweet potato slips will be ready to plant next Saturday...hopefully the beds for them will be ready by then. Will be able to start using some beet greens this next week. My wonderful husband bought a few more hoses and we can water the upper lower and above the chicken gardens without hauling gallon jugs now....a real time saver. Plus, 2 huge rolls of black plastic to cut down on weeds in the pumpkin/watermelon/ squash plants areas. By next year, I may even be organized! May even try to plan a fava festival again next June for those who want to visit the farm and find out how to do their own natural L-dopa. God is good. Have a blessed day. Eat good organically grown foods...grow your own if possible...it is good exercise and the sunshine will do you a world of good too. Blessings.
Aunt Bean is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lara (05-24-2015)