View Single Post
Old 05-24-2015, 05:13 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Welcome to the forum,

I am so sorry you have had to come and join us but you will find good support and compassion here.

I am sure the ketamine experience is very individualized and very dependent on dose. My experience was very gentle and not at all scary. I took music and was with it enough to think in detail about places I have traveled. The dose I received is pretty low (0.5 mg per kg) which my doctor believes is helpful without the side effects of higher doses. I did not hallucinate, get agitated or feel distressed. I was a little sleepy, relaxed that same day but felt fine. They told me not to drive till the next morning and when I did it was no problem. Took my son to school which tells you I was feeling quite safe and capable. (I did have a backup plan but didn't need it ) I am small, don't take a lot of medication and am easy to knockout but still did okay.

I cannot say yet how much it helped. I have just had the one dose and go back next week for another. They told the first one may not do much. That said my pain level is pretty good and I am back to my routine walk after feeling a little flared the next day from circulatory effects. Based on my experience I can say it is worth exploring. They can always adjust dosage down or infuse over a longer period if needed.

I hope you find relief soon,
Sending Healing Love, Littlepaw
Littlepaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (11-01-2015), swimtime (05-24-2015), vintagewine (05-26-2015)