View Single Post
Old 05-25-2015, 08:41 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

It's been another month on the B vitamins and things are continuing along quite well. The methylfolate is without doubt, the biggest contributor of any of these supplements I am taking.

I've tried some more things .. some made no difference some a big difference.

I switched from regular B6 to methylated version known as pyridoxal 5'-phosphate. It made no difference that I could detect but I'm still taking this version of B6.

I started on a methylated version of B12, methyl cobalamin .. again no difference, but I am still taking a little (1 mg a day). This version is taken by dissolving it under your tongue so it cuts out any intestinal/digestive issues. Still no difference and that's not surprising since your liver stores about 5 years worth of B12.

I have rolled back the 100 mg of B2 to 75 mg a day because I was able to discern that for me the B2 is actively tied to increased muscle pain, especially shoulder and neck pain upon waking. By trimming it back just that much those pains are pretty much history.

About 10 days ago I started taking a supplement known as TMG (also known as betaine). It is known as a methyl donor, meaning that aids in your body's ability to convert b vitamins and various amino acids to forms that can penetrate the BBB and it converts homocysteine (a nasty form of amino acid implicated in all kinds of premature aging diseases) into a positive form of amino acid known as methionine. This is VERY INTERESTING and working well for me. It just seems to help me with everything and now most of the time I feel really normal and better than I have the last few years even!

TMG is worth knowing about and it increases the effectiveness of your own dopamine levels too. Here's some links you can check out ..

http://www.diagnose-me.com/treatment...l-glycine.html
http://www.restoreunity.org/increase_eff_dopamine.htm
http://www.foodforthebrain.org/nutri...s-disease.aspx

Some caveats about TMG ..
1. take it with food. One day I took it about a half hour before eating breakfast and felt a strong queasiness for many hours afterwards.
2. You MUST take B6, B12, and folic acid(B9) while taking TMG. They all work as a team or they won't work at all. I personally take the B vitamins first then follow up with TMG maybe an hour later.

Also over the course of the last month I've tested the "no red meats/hemin" aspect of the Brazilian study. I had just a BLT sandwich and it bothered me the next day with some increased tremor and less clear headedness. On a scale of 1 -10 where 10 is bad I would say it affected me about a 4 or so. I would like to get back to eating meat again at some point and feel that it will happen once my stores of B2 are completely repleted. This is a very slow process. Apparently B2 is stored in the kidneys and liver in small amounts and it's the stored amounts in the liver that neutralize this nasty hemin stuff from red meat. So after 2.5 months I'm not there yet but then the Brazilian study ran for 6 months. IMO there is something to this red meat thing. I anticipate that I'll be able to work red meat back into my diet at some point.

I also had occasion to skip all meds for a day and a half. I do this every once in a while to see how or if these things are panning out. For the first 24 hours I felt pretty good actually, with just a little bit more tremor on a very active and stressed day. The next morning though I could tell I need to stay on the program. It's good to know though, that after a while on this B vitamin protocol I can, if needed, skip a day without too much consequence.

I think I'm gonna be able to control this (undiagnosed) PD thing. Best of luck to everyone. I hope this helps someone else out there ..
"Thanks for this!" says:
bluesfan (05-25-2015), Bogusia (05-25-2015), lab rat (05-26-2015), lurkingforacure (05-25-2015), zanpar321 (05-25-2015)