View Single Post
Old 05-25-2015, 02:01 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default recommendations for light exercises

Could someone please give me recommendations for light exercises to maintain a good brain blood flow? what about walking around in the house or cleaning or cooking? My symptoms are too severe at the moment to do anything more exhausting. I hit the 6 month mark soon, but this period of time was full of ups and downs. I'm not sure whether i suffer a prolonged version of the concussion and should rather rest thatn do exercises.

I want to quote this from another thread:

Results of human and animal studies suggest that premature postconcussive exercise may be deleterious by exacerbating postconcussive symptomatology and disrupting restorative processes. A better understanding of the mechanisms that influence exercise after TBI will contribute to improving guidelines for the return to exercise activities and to the successful use of exercise as a therapeutic tool.
Quote.

This is why I restricted exercises so far.

The doctors in my area are not familiar with a case like me. I rely on this forum.

And last, i would like o post the following link:
http://www.momsteam.com/cerebral-blo...ral-blood-flow

The title says ; 'Exercise Program Helps Post-Concussion Syndrome By Restoring Normal Cerebral Blood Flow'

I never heard this before. So could PCS be the result of a disturbed brain blood flow?
Chris2828 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SuperElectric (05-26-2015)