View Single Post
Old 05-25-2015, 03:54 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

There is a statin OTC? What? That is insane.

It reminds me of when pharmacies sold different poisons which of some were said to help certain illnesses, like arsenic. How on earth can something like that be OTC???

Friend developed yet a symptom. I'm starting to wonder if he really has dementia because he is so lost now I wonder how he can function at all. I mean he has a carer that helps him a set number of hours a day and he doesn't like the outside which I guess is good or he would just walk off and get lost.

He still pretends he has memory of some things I said, like the day before or 2 hours before. He thinks he is good at faking. But it's just sad. Makes me want to go to his country and bap him over the head!

But then I remember the other neuro symptoms and I assume they don't follow dementia? I'm not sure actually. He has falls, muscle weakness, neuropathy (even though he had it before too some due to diabetes), foot drop on both feet, a few cases of TGA, strong irritability (that is not "like him"), sleep problems, swelling of both ankles and now he also developed difficulty swallowing. To the point he nearly choked to death the other day.

I asked him a few days later if it happened again but he doesn't recall choking anymore.

He's never been tested for any CYP but he takes other meds and I'm unsure which of them also use the same enzymes, which I assume could be problematic and shoot up side effect of statins. There are many drug interaction checkers out there, anyone know if one tells you the pathways and enzymes so I get that info?

Meanwhile I guess if he falls to his death and chokes he will never be in the heart death statistics which will be a great thing for statin statistics.
fadetoblack is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote