View Single Post
Old 05-26-2015, 11:08 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Response to badboy99 / re:Hinz protocol

Morning....
Answer to your first question and 2nd question... Stable and progression of symptoms!? On this program you are supposed to eventually find what they call a sweet spot. Meaning that all symptoms are controlled when you reach your proper dosage. I never found that sweet spot, per se... all symptoms have never been controlled, totally... but I have found what I call tolerable symptoms... which allow me to function in what is now my normal life...with PD. With regard to dosage... I just recently went through a bad spell .... protocol seemed to stop working ... I had to increase Mucuna and tyrosine.. this took several months for me to find the proper combination and was very difficult... I had some of my worst symptoms that I have ever had... but am thankful that I am now back in my tolerable place. As far as progression of symptoms... yes, I would say that it slowed progression down considerably. Symptoms started 11 years ago in my left hand...then progressed fairly quickly to include left arm and leg. When I started Hinz protocol 6 years ago... I was just starting to feel some tremors in right arm...it never progressed further. But with that said, when I am under stress my right arm, hand and leg do tremor... but I have never felt weakness or loss of strength on the right side of my body like I have on my left.
Final question... Tyrosine. What does it do? It seems to extend the life of the Mucuna... with that said... I hope that this helps you to get a better picture of how this works... we are all different and each of us can experience different things... so what works for me, may or may not work for someone else....
Parkygirl
Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy99 View Post
Hi Parkygirl, Could you tell me if you have remained stable on the same dosing for the last 6 years? 2nd question: Have a noticed the progression in your PD? 3rd question: How does L-Tyrosine effect your dosing on/off's?
parkygirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
moondaughter (05-27-2015)