View Single Post
Old 05-26-2015, 01:18 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default 80-90 rpm

Laura:

For as long as you can perform at that speed, keep doing it. Unfortunately, you will have to adapt and combine with other physical activities to keep 100% active, in spite of physical limitations.

I was diagnosed PD's 6 years ago and until 3 years back, I noticed a problem with my stride during running. It wasn't until my abductor muscle was affected in part due to the biomechanics of the stride that I realized I had to quit my running exercise and start swimming in order to avoid lesions. I did swimming for 2 years and combined with walking and stationary bicycle. I got bored of swimming and the stationary bicycle and kept walking. I have been walkling daily for 60 min in the past 3 years and it has been fun, relaxing and healthy (I walk in the middle of the woods). Recently, while walking, my right foot get stiff so I need to stop and stretch my leg. This happens during the 1st half an hour until my Sinemet first dose starts working. So if I want to continue walking I will have to adapt and slow down for a few seconds and start over. There is no other choice than to adapt. I am also considering swimming again.

This disease teach us to adapt. There is no other way to deal with it.

Wish you the best.

Lobo
lobo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote