Thread: Healing MS
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2015, 02:10 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi caroline2,

Your sister had 20 some odd years of remission. That is awesome! Do you not understand how fortunate she was to have all those years to live the life she wanted?

Those of us with this disease have no guarantees. There are those that are diagnosed and have lived their entire life with a healthy diet and lifestyle, but they still received a diagnosis of Multiple Sclerosis.

Even if someone had an unhealthy lifestyle and made changes that doesn't mean they won't progress or have relapses. Even the treatment for this disease can't give a guarantee.

I have been diagnosed with MS for 30 years with symptoms that started in childhood. I have never used any of the MS treatments and my diet is not always that healthy. I have had 5 relapses in the 30 years of diagnosis. I am not in the condition your sister is.

There is truly no rhyme or reason to this disease. It is completely unpredictable regardless of what we do or don't do.

Quote:
I have my own issues and cannot travel to the EC or travel anywhere anymore, so I have not seen my sister in too many years....now we can hardly talk to each other...very very sad
Can you send a letter or e-mail? If she is not able to be on the computer or write someone could read what you have written. This may be helpful for both of you. But please, don't bring up the past to her. Simply express your love, compassion and sharing news of your life with her (just a suggestion).

Starznight,

So much wisdom and understanding in your post for someone newly diagnosed
Kitty (05-26-2015), Starznight (05-26-2015)