View Single Post
Old 05-26-2015, 02:32 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Need some advice on Neupro patches

Hi.

I have been using Neupro for 3 1/2 weeks and the side effects since use of the maximum concentration patch have been worse than the disease itself. I started with 4 mg patch during 1st week. Not a problem except for a minor involuntary movement of left leg while watching TV. 6 mg during 2nd week, same side effect as during 1st week. Then, beginning 3rd week I started with the 8 mg patch. In the past 4 days I have had more intense involuntary movement.

During these 6 years of diagnosis, my biggest problem has been only stiffness, neither tremors nor involuntary movements but with Neupro, I have experienced involuntary movements in the past days as never before, to the point that have started to cause pain in my abductor muscle (leg).

Yesterday, my neurologist suggested me to reduce dose from 8 mg to 6 mg. Is this involuntary movement normal at the beginning of treatment? Is one month good enough time for screening or still too soon to reach conclusions? Will side effects (involuntary movement) disappear over time? Should I monitor involuntary movement for a couple of days and if it still persists consider use of the 4 mg patch only?

I also take Sinemet.

I would be appreciative of your advice.

Regards,

Lobo
lobo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Tupelo3 (09-11-2016)