View Single Post
Old 05-26-2015, 10:58 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Concussion Concerns

Concussion Concerns
Hello, my name is Greg and I am a 20 year old college student. I am new to this so I will get right down to it.

I play rugby for my college club team and I recently have suffered 2 concussions. The first was back in October of 2014. This was the first concussion that I had suffered as far as I am aware. I took the rest of the season off which was just 2 games and I recovered and felt back to normal within a few weeks.

The second concussion I suffered was in April of 2015. The symptoms of this concussion took longer to set in than the first. I also thought the symptoms were worse. I took 3 weeks off and returned to play half a game in which I felt fine after. It's been almost 2 months since this concussion and I still do not feel myself. The headaches stopped after a few weeks but they seem to be returning as I get back into exercising. I am trying to keep a positive outlook on my future in the sport but it had been getting tough not feeling 100%. I have made the decision to stay out of contact for this summer and return to playing in late august when my next semester starts.

I never lost consciousness nor throw up with either of these concussions and both were a bit unlucky (not the typical physical impact one would expect with a violent sport like rugby). I did, however, drink alcohol after both incidence.

I am interested in any kind of advice. I would really appreciate it!
Gppfeffi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote