Old 05-28-2015, 07:17 AM
Magnate

8 yr Member
Magnate

8 yr Member
Cool Smirk

Hi Fox,

Quote:

So, if I feel like I have it under control, then why am I just now after 15 years finding a public forum to talk to strangers about all this? Because I don't feel like it's under control. I don't feel like I'm the same person I used to be. I don't think I feel as much at all. I used to be sharp and had a great memory. It may just be a mid 40's thing but I feel like I'm loosing my mind. I'm not social and funny anymore either. I'm starting to feel as scared and alone as I did when all of this started.

Quote.

This is a wonderfully safe place to come and share your experiences and worries. We have many knowledgeable Members here for support, but always remember nothing replaces Medical Advice. I was new - and very skeptical - about Forums when I joined 5 months ago, but have found a home with Friends here.

And what brought me here in the first place? Double vision - which struck instantaneously when I was driving at 60mph! MRI shows mine, that is unstable but permanent, is caused by a large, jagged lesion through the occipital region of my brain. It really is the most frightening and debilitating thing, and I do wonder about the next Event robbing me of further function.

So, I would advise you to get thoroughly checked out. Don't forget it may be neuromuscular, but conditions like Myasthenia Gravis present with Diplopia. I was tested for this while waiting for MRI.

Try not to worry yourself too much, and explore the Forums at your leisure. At the very least we all can give you another outlet and take some strain off your family. Everyone here knows how difficult it can be for the carers of sufferers to deal with our issues day after day.

Dave.
To the shapes we now possess.

The Sage - Emerson, Lake & Palmer.
EnglishDave is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
FoxOhm (05-28-2015), Kitt (05-28-2015), Lara (05-28-2015), St George 2013 (06-03-2015)