View Single Post
Old 05-28-2015, 10:48 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
Oh, it is really concerning....what you are going thru!

Tramadol can cause dizziness. This happens for me even at the small dose I use occasionally.

Also I'd warn you about ranitidine. This may cross the blood brain barrier in older patients. I have never been able to take it...as it causes migraine visual auras for me. I don't have migraines, but raniditine causes weird visual effects that are called migraine auras. I don't like those AT ALL. It can cause headaches in some, and also odd CNS symptoms.

I'd change to another drug...see what happens. Pepcid is an alternative, but a proton pump inhibitor like Nexium may be better. The H2's have side effects, sometimes unpredictable.
Thanks MrsD. Never heard that about Ranitidine before but I don't think it's the culprit. I used not to take it but restarted it again when tummy issues began. Before that I took Omaprezole but that gave me a foul taste so I switched. Am I an older patient at 52?

I will be watchful anyhow. Tramadol made me feel quite odd so I stopped but anyhow I only took it for a few weeks - this dizziness has gone on for over a year now. It's quite mild usually but is vestibular so if I close my eyes while standing I fall and am affected by turning my head while walking or changes in lighting. It's quite unpleasant but not so severe that I can't function most of the time - just sometimes it hits me badly. I asked the weekend hospital consultant about it and he said the reason none of the doctors pay much heed to it is probably because they just don't know what's wrong with me yet and this is a very nebulous symptom.

Thanks for your concern. I still need advice on how to get the neurologist to wake up and smell the coffee about my neuropathy being related to my autoimmunity though!

Sjögren’s, Hashimoto’s and Systemic Sclerosis with Raynaud’s, Erythromelagia and small fibre polyneuropathy, GI problems top to tail, degenerative disc disease and possible additional autoimmune diseases
MAT52 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote