View Single Post
Old 05-28-2015, 12:49 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepaw View Post
So sorry for all you are going through. it's exhausting dealing with all that. I may have missed something but you mentioned that a temple arterial biopsy was recommended at one point. Did they ever do one? Was the thinking that you have an arteritis or vasculitis?

I hope you find answers soon, Littlepaw
Thanks Littlepaw that's kind.

The two consultants I saw over the long weekend (Thursday to Monday) both felt I should have a temple aterial biopsy for GCA but said my rheumatologist would have to order this and he doesn't seem keen to do anything but wait for the "dust to settle" so he hasn't been in touch or ordered one of these. To be honest I think it might be a waste of time because I asked on a vasculitis forum and all those who had it done had negative results and I really don't need anything else invasive going on. There may be other MRI type things and I think they are hoping that the neurologist and maxillofacial surgeon might put me forward for these or advise my rheumatologist to. It all takes so long - good job that so far I'm not a medical emergency as I would be if I did have full blown GCA Vasculitis. Still awaiting the results of my ANCA P and C to come back though. Mat

Sjögren’s, Hashimoto’s and Systemic Sclerosis with Raynaud’s, Erythromelagia and small fibre polyneuropathy, GI problems top to tail, degenerative disc disease and possible additional autoimmune diseases
MAT52 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Littlepaw (05-28-2015)