View Single Post
Old 05-28-2015, 07:59 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by go-blue-girl View Post
Vestibular Migraines?? anyone? I seriously didn't think my life could get get any worse & now I'm having vertigo, double vision & horrible fatigue (which the ENT & Neuro) have diagnosed as migraines without headaches. My daily meds are the only meds I can take take..yippee
Hello Blue Girl

When I started having visual auras my PCP said I had migraine without headache because I used the word zig-zag to describe what I was seeing. Have you experienced this? She sent me to a nuero and he prescribed an SSRI which made me crazy so he switched to a triptan which, after researching, I refused to take. Then came gabapentin which only made things worse and finally nuerontin. I gave up trying new things because it takes a long time to quit and restart a new drug with these and I also gave up on a cure so I just stuck with the nuerontin. Big mistake. Over the next few months I started to have episodes of vertigo that would be induced by changing my focus. One day I was trying to swat away a wasp that kept coming at me and I had a full on panic attack and lost all ability to focus or walk straight. I had to hold on to a wall and slowly find my way inside.

What was I putting myself through all this for? The visual auras were disturbing and distracting but everything the drugs were doing to me was far worse. So I took another shot and visited a nurse practitioner I heard good things about. She introduced me to Depakote. I've been taking it for several years and for the most part my symptoms are under control. I did have double vision for the 1st time about 3 weeks ago and I guess I better go have that checked out since I can't find anything about diplopia being a common visual migraine aura. Lord, I can't afford another MRI right now. I am sick of tests. They never find anything for me. It's incredible how little medicine knows about migraines. I'm not talking about bad headaches. I'm talking about the seizure like process that they can't decide how much is nuero and how much is vascular.

"My daily meds are the only meds I can take". I don't know which meds you're on of course but you might ask your doctor if Depakote could be a possible alternative. Don't even think about it if your planning on having children though. Did you're doctor attribute the vertigo and double vision to migraine without headaches? I've had both and I have migraine without headache, I guesse, but I never attributed those symptoms to the migraine directly. As far as the fatigue combined with double vision, someone on here called EnglishDave just told me about Myasthenia Gravis. You might look into it.

I hate to hear you think that your life couldn't get any worse. I would like to hear that your life is getting better. Thanks for sharing. I'm interested in meeting people here who have migraine without headache, and thanks for letting me share.

Fox
FoxOhm is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote