View Single Post
Old 05-28-2015, 08:13 PM
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Default Newly diagnosed

It has been a long journey for me but after 25 long years I finally have a diagnosis. I finally got diagnosed yesterday with CRPS. It is actually a relief to me to know what has caused me all the pain I have been suffering.

For years my ortho doctor suggested I go to a pain clinic to manage my pain. For years I declined as so many of them only hand out pain pills and send you on your doped up way. Rarely does someone find one that actually tries to fix the issues.

A few months ago my back issues got so bad I went to a spine doctor to see about surgery. He said I would greatly benefit from a spinal cord stimulator. He sent me to a pain clinic for the trial one to be inserted.

My appointment at the pain clinic was yesterday. All of a sudden the doctor popped in all smiles and said he wanted to talk about my leg pain. I informed him I was there for my back not my leg. He then told me he thought he could take care of both at once. That peaked my interest as I had lived in severe pain with my leg for 25 years.

He proceeded to ask a bunch of questions and then touched my lower leg and asked if that hurt. I said hell yes it did. He then told me I had what was called CRPS a rare disorder. He went on to tell me what is was and what he could do for me to solve my pains.

His plan of attack is as follows. First he put me on Gabapetin. Next he is planning on doing 3 nerve blocks and then put in the trial spinal cord stimulator.Due to mine being so old since it first started he said there is little hope the nerve blocks will actually work but with my insurance they are needed before the spinal cord stimulator.

I finally have hope! Hope that maybe I will be able to ditch my power chair and walk again!
ChanaB is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote