View Single Post
Old 05-30-2015, 09:12 AM
Magnate

8 yr Member
Magnate

8 yr Member
Cool Smirk

Caroline,

For some of us they are necessary just to have any Quality of Life. I have never had any issues with my meds causing MORE pain, rather my visible deterioration corresponds to increased strengths and new meds for my different conditions. All my treatments come after onset of symptoms, usually by years - I tend to let things ride (even colorectal cancer for 3 years due to embarrassment).

My pain meds stand at:

Tramadol/Morphine/Arcoxia for severe musculoskeletal pain and arthritis. Causes, crushed vertebrae and multiple MVAs, sports wear and tear on joints. Arthritis in hands, elbows and knees, probably in neck - but it is SO battered…

Lidocaine Infusions/ Oral Ketamine for excruciating Neurological Hypersensitivity - probably triggered by spinal injuries and neurotoxic chemical exposure in the '80s. TN and chronic Neuropathic Facial Pain/Paresthesia. Compressed Spinal Cord (causes extreme hand, arm and leg numbness and pain).

Topiramate for chronic Cluster Headaches, Attacks running about 5 a week at present. Cluster Headaches are not Rebound headaches in the same way as having your arm ripped off at the shoulder is not a paper cut (just for clarification). Topiramate has the advantageous side effect of dulling most Neuropathic pain by 1-2 points.

I do not self-medicate, I have a great PM Doctor - a Consultant Anaesthetist - who does not rely on Opiates, hence the Lidocaine/Ketamine. Without my current level of treatment Life would not be worth the struggle.

Dave.
To the shapes we now possess.

The Sage - Emerson, Lake & Palmer.
EnglishDave is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
canifindagooddr (09-27-2016), DejaVu (07-27-2015), Lash (10-15-2019), vintagewine (07-28-2015)