Thread: Got To Do It
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2015, 04:58 PM
Magnate

8 yr Member
Magnate

8 yr Member
Cool Smirk

Ok, it's been a fortnight, and I have settled in to 1/3 to 1/2 the ridiculous QUANTITIES I used to eat, and hit 920 - 1150kCals a day (around the lower on fish days), again cutting calorific intake by 50 to 60ish%

And what did I find of benefit from this radical reduction? A 9lb loss in the first 2 weeks. I know I have been ultra strict with portion size, this speed of loss is unsustainable, and I have always lost weight quickly in the past, but this amount comes as a shock! I checked 3 times, weighing at noon on Saturday wearing t-shirt and boxers (sorry for that image in your minds). I suppose my Metoclopramide is now working in my favour.

It is not easy. I have hunger pangs and cravings, but I had them before and that is where the weight piled on. There has been no junk, one Baklava treat a week - and that is just 97kCals. It helps that my neck and arms are so painful it slows down lifting a fork to my mouth now, and is deteriorating. Meals last nearly twice as long so I get the chance to savour my food and feel full.

The one thing I have not done is get the tape measure out. That is a once-a-month ritual.

I trust that everyone on this Journey is making progress. I still have a long, long way to go. Maybe I will photograph my scales when I hit my target?

Dave.
To the shapes we now possess.

The Sage - Emerson, Lake & Palmer.
EnglishDave is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (05-30-2015), DejaVu (07-30-2015), NurseNancy (01-22-2016)