Thread: Losing Hope
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2015, 05:14 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Losing Hope

I suffered a concussion on October 2, 2014. I believe I suffered a second one on February 9, 2015 and a third on 3/19. since then my life is been a nightmare. I had to withdraw from school completely and I am unemployed.

I can't function as a human being in society. I tried going out in April for a few times and this just set me back and I'm still recovering. The noise sensitivity in late sensitivity are out of control. I have to wear earplugs all day inside I can't deal with cars driving by, dogs barking or lawnmowers. I can barely talk to my girlfriend without screaming at her.

I saw a neurologist on April 30 and he told me that these symptoms could be permanent. Since then the light sensitivity has gotten even worse with nice weather. At this moment I have to stayinside my room all day and I put up triple curtains to block the sun. I can't go out or do anything I can barely use the phone I can't watch TV without headaches I have constant headaches from the light.

Lights that I could be around at the beginning of may now bother me. I can't even play solitaire anymore since the beginning of May. My vision is impaired I started rehabilitation with occupational therapy and speech therapy on Thursday and they told me that I have memory and vision deficits.

I'm so depressed and terrified of each day. I'm losing my motivation to keep going. Someone please help me. I feel I may be stuck like this forever and I don't know how to cope with it. I try to find success stories but it seems more people are permanently disabled from these injuries and can't accomplish their goals and dreams they had prior to the injury. I really was doing well in February before I hit my head again. I'm only 26 and I thought that I would be doing better at this point.
DannyT is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote