Thread: Losing Hope
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2015, 07:32 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hi DannyT

There is hope! Please don't give up! I was like you for months - couldn't leave a dark room. I am slowly getting my life back now. You will get better. It will not go as fast as you want, but it can get better.

All I can say is what helped me. First I had to control my anxiety. I did this through meditation, breathing, massages, manual therapy from PT, psychologist, epsom salt baths, light walking, etc...

Then I had to accept what happened to me and change my lifestyle. Stop working, stop trying to do chores, stop watching TV, stop trying to go out in the world and be normal. I had to stope everything and just focus on relaxing, controlling anxiety, and doing rehab. exercises (vestibular therapy, massage, acupuncture, chiro., etc...)

It sounds like you have already done some things to get better. Try to focus on what will help you instead of what you can't do right now. Also, do you have someone there for you? When I was at my lowest points, I was lucky to have a loving partner by my side encouraging me that it will get better. If you don't have someone there to help you, ask someone for help! We all need help through this.

I wish you the best.

Persisting Problems:
fatigue, dizziness, lightheadedness, vestibular balance and vision problems, vision static, tinnitus, hearing loss, slight sensitivity to noise, sometimes the insomnia comes back, sensitivity to stress, exercise intolerance, emotional problems - But I still have much to be thankful for.
RidingRollerCoaster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
thorx89 (05-30-2015)