View Single Post
Old 05-30-2015, 07:34 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default L2/L3 9mm disc herniation from car wreck

I was in a traumatic car accident March 6th. I had a tramuatic brain injury and was in hospital for 2 weeks.

Since the wreck I had severe pain on my left side. I've since been diagnosed with :

Moderate 9mm left foraminal disc protrusion at L2-L3 contacting the exiting left L2 nerve root.

According to MRI. I've tried chiropractic, physical therapy, and 2 epidural injections. The first injection worked great for about 4 days. I was completely plain free.

I just had another one yesterday and it did NOTHING. I am okay with the back pain... I could live with that. What I am struggling with is the severe hip pain. I can't even live a normal life. I have three kids and I'm just ready to feel "normal" again.

My doctor said that a 9mm herniation in a person my size is a very large herniation. And he said that surgery will probably be my next stop.

I've read that herniation at L2/L3 are rare and tricky. I'm sure at my next appointment he will give me referral to spine surgeon. Just wanted to get some advice on my options or see if anyone else has had herniation at just this spot alone.
My pain is so severe. The best way I could describe it to my doctor is that it feels like I have a kidney stone in my hip 24/7. The pain is sharp and like needles.

Advice anyone?
CecilyC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote