View Single Post
Old 05-30-2015, 09:24 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

You were given the stronger immune suppression medications (imuran) due to the RA not the neuropathy--right?? That must be why you were started on that before trying ivig.
Yes, my neuropathy is THOUGHT to be immune related because of an abnormal antibody found. I think too, because nothing else could be found, no family history, negative for: MS, lyme, celiac, diabetes, sjrogens. nothing found in toxicity panel. normal lumbar pucture, normal rhemotoid factors, abnormal sural nerve biopsy and abnormal emg/ncv. Think that was all the big ones.
As for the pain description, I would be sure to tell the doctor in enough description so he/she understands how bad it is. It sounds like pain is your worst symptom and primary concern right now. Be sure they understand how bad it is and get a treatment plan and a RX before you walk out their door. I like to repeat back to them the next plan/step to be sure we are both on the same page. Once we are out that door, they are onto the next person dealing with a whole new set of problems.
I don't have pain, numbness and weakness are my symptoms--weakness being my main concern.
My youngest son just finished his 1st year of college too. I have a daughter who just finished her last/4th year of nursing school and another son who does computer work. Thankfully this neuropathy didn't hit me until they were older. It would be so much more difficult with young children.
I feel bad for the people who are dealing with this and young children.
northerngal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lukesmom (05-31-2015)