View Single Post
Old 05-31-2015, 01:24 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

I will update the sticky to help others when I feel more confident my research is valid.

On here and in your own sticky everyone is promoting the Tarlov Cyst foundation aka Dr. Feigenbaum a non profit group designed to help people find Dr. Feigenbaum as he is the only Dr. in the US listed as active on their site.

His receptionist wouldn't quote me a price but only said it was $17,000 in hospital fees should he operate and that they only take major private insurance. Going as far as to recommend I just buy private insurance or not proceed when I asked. He also operates oversea in Cyprus probably at a discounted rate. He has a 5 month "minimum" I was told wait for a free phone consult or a one month wait if I come to Texas for an office visit. It just sound so sketchy to me.

Then I find this other list and the first one I call in my area not even a far drive from me and he'll take my Medicaid. Yet everyone on here is only talking about Dr. Feigenbaum. I can't find anything anywhere recommending anyone else. It's very confusing. The whole nobody believes in this only this one guy he can save you attitude. I need to feel informed before I start putting in referrals and asking my insurance to approve authorizations out the state. I need a little confidence in these Dr's.

Spacifically Hsiang, John K., M.D., PhD. (Neurosurgeon) in Seattle. He has the best reviews and is the one who's receptionist I've been in contact with.
jerblaster23 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hannie (08-19-2015)