View Single Post
Old 05-31-2015, 04:51 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi wpclark,

It is routine and important to see the oral surgeon 7-10 days post op oral surgery irrelevant of whether or not everything appears to be fine or not. Perhaps he should have tried to refer you to someone local to evaluate everything prior to his diagnosis and before prescribing the antibiotic. Your description of the pus coming from site is indicative of an infection but it still needed to be evaluated to determine the depth, location and degree of infection. Based again on your recent statements, it seems as though the oral surgeon that performed the surgery is not too concerned about your pain and the amount/duration of tylenol that you are taking. But as you said, how much longer is this going to go on and why is this happening?

You could be clenching or grinding your teeth which would cause the upper teeth to ache. It is also normal for the teeth to shift a bit after other teeth are extracted. But now you have a new symptom, that hard lump. So again, you need to be clinically evaluated. Have you asked if he will refer you to an oral surgeon locally to you?

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote