View Single Post
Old 05-31-2015, 05:38 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

It's been about a year since my last update. I just wanted to come back and say that things are still going well. Sometimes some of my symptoms return (and a few of them never left), but I'm learning ways to prevent and/or cope with most of them.

I'm able to work 25 to 35 hours a week now, which makes me very happy. I'm working as a writer, which leaves me physically and mentally exhausted, but I'm able to do it. I'm now making enough money to pay my bills and support my children without struggling. When I first got my TBI, I was terrified I'd never get back to this level of stability.

I have learned that I cannot function without 9+ hours of sleep a night and B vitamins. Sometimes I slack on other things in my routine, but I can never slack on these two. I notice the effects immediately. If I fail to get enough sleep, I stumble over my words and fall around like I'm drunk.

I finally feel like I'm ready to start dating again. I have gone on 2 dates in the last few months, so that's a start.

My goal is to run a 5K this fall...very slowly...lol. We'll see how that goes.

I hope that all of you are doing well, too. I haven't logged in much this year, but I do still think of you guys often. Take care.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Galaxy1012 (06-01-2015), NormaW (06-23-2015), pinka16 (06-03-2015), SuperElectric (06-04-2015)