Old 06-01-2015, 11:56 AM
Magnate

8 yr Member
Magnate

8 yr Member
Cool Smirk

Quote:
Originally Posted by madisongrrl View Post
And it's also good to remember that we aren't our genetics (except those that have something like Huntington's disease or are at risk for Huntington's disease - it is gene defect). Diseases are often complicated and multi-factorial; diseases express when our genetics and environment interact. So we just have to do our best to take charge of our environment by living the healthiest lifestyle we can.
madisongrrl,

I agree, especially with Alzheimer's as it is the topic, that there are multiple factors. Personally, I believe that humans simply were not originally 'made' to live as long as modern nutrition and medicine allow. We simply wear out.

My dear Mum had a Country upbringing, the best fresh, organic (before the craze) home-grown foods, and adult life was healthy, apart from breast cancer. Her Mother had Dementia at the end of a similar life. My sister is showing brain shrinkage at age 60. That, at least shows a predisposition over 3 generations aside of outside influence - but that is just my family, and my personal experiences.

However, maybe my Mum and Grandmother both made it to around 70 before severe symptoms simply because they ate so healthily?! I inherited my Dad's heart and genetic predisposition to colorectal cancer - chances are I won't get that far

Dave
To the shapes we now possess.

The Sage - Emerson, Lake & Palmer.
EnglishDave is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote