View Single Post
Old 06-01-2015, 01:27 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepaw View Post
Welcome InkedPaint,

I am sorry you had to join us but you will find good companionship and compassion here. It sounds like you have gotten to a good place mentally. Stubbornness is a virtue when it comes to chronic conditions. Forgive me for a somewhat brief response but I just had a short ketamine infusion this morning and I feel a nap coming on.

It is impossible for anyone to say whether what you have is CRPS. Half the time the doctors can't agree unless it is florid. What strikes me about your situation is that so much from the beginning and even now sounds likes some sort of musculoskeletal impingement could have set this off. The hip popping and stretching at night to get relief all sounds positional. There is a lot in that area that can get gummed up and inflamed and the major nerves of the leg run through the front and back side of the hip. Have you ever gone to a chiropractor? I am a fan of ones who are certified in ART, Active Release Therapy which is a soft tissue modality in addition to the usual bone and joint work. These guys know lots of physio-dynamic tests for impingement and may find something regular medicine wasn't looking for. Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation doctors may also have some different leads on potential problems.

Sure this could be CRPS but you have be sure that any underlying condition causing or contributing to it gets run down and treated if at all possible. It seems unlikely that it was truly spontaneous since you had that hip issue. If you can get that figured out and treated maybe you will get some relief. I have had weird maladjustments in my spine and hip areas from workout issues, an ice skating fall, etc. that set off some intense weird leg issues that were really painful until things got back into place.

Okay that wasn't so brief after all. anyway....Keep looking for answers and as you already know never give up hope for healing and never give up the fight!

Sending Healing Love, Littlepaw
Thank you for the response.
What concerns me is that the pain in my hip is different from the pain in my knee down to my toes. Which is another reason why I am afraid it may not be CRPS but maybe it is....I did some exercises yesterday and the pain in my hip is more agitated than the pain anywhere else in my leg. I get scared about doing too much and not doing enough activity. Ah, well...
inkedpaint is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote