View Single Post
Old 06-01-2015, 02:10 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

I am so sorry to hear of what you are going through and hope you figure something out.
I have had OCD since I was very young. I don't know when it started but it started somewhere between the ages of 5 and 10.
I would consider my OCD mild because it doesn't bother me too much...that or I have just made peace to living with it.
My first panic attack was at age 10 but I haven't had one in at least 5 years. I do feel the oncoming of a panic attack 0-2 times a school semester and have learned to take over of it before it gets out of control. I just distract myself with something lighthearted and funny. Unfortunately, that doesn't work for everyone. My older brother gets terrible panic attacks (much worse than I have ever felt) and he needs to be on a medication which does help him. I can ask him what it is and his dose (if you would like me to) and how it makes him feel.
My older may have worse panic attacks but I have much worse anxiety. This is something I want to work on because I feel as if it exacerbates my OCD and perfectionism. Although, I think I may need to get professional help for that. I don't want to take medications because they have never helped me. In fact, they always make everything worse. I was thinking of exposure therapy or something....I don't know. Have you ever tried that?

As far as homeopathic treatments, I have never been a fan. None of it has ever worked for myself and I am highly skeptical. Although, it does work for some and may be worth some small part of your time trying any of it. I know some people who swear by it even though I am skeptical. If it is working or it is placebo....what does it matter, if it is helping them?

I wish you a high probability of success on your journey (hopefully) towards recovery...
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (06-01-2015)